Monday, June 8, 2009

Faster than Light... Did I?

This is space. It looks pretty penultimate. I've heard people identifying it as the final frontier. I can picture its vastness in my mind but this was something happening for real. I wonder if this has to do anything with my hallucinations or experiencing a terrible hangover. It's appearing that I have been picked up and shipped from the sea near my town into a shining sea. I'm not the person I remember. The cold no longer is a bother. I can endure oxygen, food, water for some reason. This morning bets to be strange. Jesus, I can see the Earth behind me. Hell there is something really fishy going on out here. How on earth (err... it's gotta be space for now) did I reach here. After analyzing and calling to mind, the inference is that I have been transmitted like a message into my own past. But this gives invitation to a whole flock of queries. Am I beginning to enter a world of FTL paradoxes? Darn I hope not.

If whatever happening around is true, then does this mean that I can go back in time and alter history. Gosh, it might prove the other way round as well, wherein history might have already incorporated the changes that would have been done by one of the time travelers like me. But am I really traveling back in time? Well I never believed time travel was possible, but I don't think it would work exactly the way it did in the movies. Anyways, whatever it might be, if this is for real then Jesus am I really…? Am I really travelling faster than the speed of light? I know nothing is impossible but, this, by far is physically impossible. Am I violating the laws of Physics? Well I can't do this to Physics at least. I've adored Physics since my first Physics class. This sounds dramatic but it’s like I am taking the laws of physics and punching them in the stomach and throwing them down the stairs. It’s like I am dividing a number by zero. I remember my school teacher articulating: "physics is a complete package: once you decide to ignore one physical law, you're ignoring them all." I know it’s no concern to the Star Trek guys as they go faster than the speed of light every show and travel into the past like it's a trip to Disneyland.

Ok...let me at least try breaking this enigma down. The Universe is supposed to be infinite or is it a branching array of parallel universes? This begs for another question, however: travelling through time is travel through only one dimension, leaving you stationary in reference to the three primal dimensions. It's quite difficult for me to answer these questions though. Gosh... I am completely blurred by these queries of mine which doesn’t bring home the bacon. Did I just kill all those brain cells for kicks? Anyways, solving these queries is not a big concern to me right now. Let me leave this work to the physicists. First thing, first. I need to figure out where I am supposed to go from here.

I cannot cognize how many light years I am away from my planet right now. I was getting drifted along in the outer space, slowly approaching my home planet. I can see myself in school, discovering the first periodic table of elements devised by Dmitri Mendeleev. Trying to learn how elements are arranged in order of increasing atomic number. About Atoms, well I can call back atom as a basic unit of matter consisting of a dense, central nucleus surrounded by a cloud of negatively charged electrons. The electrons orbiting the nucleus like planets around a sun. I've often chewed over that our solar system resembles an atom, with the sun as the nucleus and the planets electrons, this would make our galaxy a molecule and the universe would be the whole thing (whatever that would be). Oh, this strikes me like a bullet that I might be 12 light years away from earth. Well it was like I could rewind and see my past from here. Ah how I could travel some thousand light years and go back to convince the first amphibian that it really isn't worth the bother of living on land. I don't know how successful I would be in changing the past, because we have our own world safe and sound, several thousand light-years away.

I tried to hop towards earth and the reflected light from my childhood bombarded my eyes and I could see my past all over again. I could watch my family, my friends and express joy at how different they used to appear and how much physical change they have gone through. I chuckled at the mistakes I made then and thought how I would have acted in a different way to avoid those. I was watching the whole drama unfold. An entire sequence of déjà vu taking place. It resembled a "Behind the scenes" kind of episode airing all over. I learned so much about my own life and how it affected other lives. I was revisiting my life and I wanted to change things here and there but I didn’t know whether the changes will take effect as whatever changes I make (however small) will affect the timeline I am in right now. Still thinking and reminiscing I happened to hit an asteroid badly and that’s when I woke up from my slumber only to learn the compressed feeling in my lungs getting even and my vision swam gradually.


No comments:

Post a Comment